Thursday, February 11, 2010

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS 2 in 2

I've experienced 2 separate acts of kindness in the past 2 days! The first was a beautiful necklace with matching earrings from one of my Etsy buyers. She used my beads and created awesome jewelry for me :O) How great is that? Thanks so much, Kim!! Kim makes jewelry for her get togethers with her scrapbooking friends!




The next surprise was a letter that I received from Vera House in Syracuse, New York. Vera House is an organization dedicated to ending domestic violence. Eleanor, http://www.lilysoffering.etsy.com/ is a VERY successful Etsian who sells her own handmade findings and charms as well as a big variety of other jewelry making supplies. What is extra special is that she donates 10% of her proceeds each month to a domestic violence organization of your choosing. She donated over $300 to the shelter in my name.


So often we hear of all the bad that goes on in the world. These two people are in MY news showing that there truly is a balance!!!

2 comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

How wonderful are both of those stories! I love hearing when someone gets happy surprises. I think all to often people reach out when they experience non-happy surprises and when the happy ones pop into their lives, they are thankful, but don't often share!

You put a smile on my face just by sharing Mary Ann! I hope your Valentine's weekend is wonderful!

Dawn

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Thanks Dawn, I'm happy that they made you smile!